Struts for Transforming XML with XSL (stxx)
Struts for transforming XML with XSL (stxx) is an extension of the struts framework to support XML and and XML transforming technologies like XSL without changing the functionality of struts.
stxx sits on top of Struts, extending its existing functionality to allow Action classes to return XML that will be transformed by technologies like XSL and XSL-FO. The idea behind stxx is to remove the need to use JSP and tag libraries for the presentation layer of the Struts framework. However, stxx does not force you to go the XML route, both technologies will work side by side. Struts for transforming XML with XSL (stxx) is an extension of the struts framework to support XML and XSL without changing the functionality of struts.
- Support for both the Struts 1.0.x and Struts 1.1.x architectures
- Enhancements to the forwarding functionality of Struts to provide XML transformations based on the content produced by the action and any custom criteria like the user-agent of the client to render HTML/XML/PDF/more
- Automatic serialization of the ActionErrors, Struts Resources, ActionForms and Requests object for use in your XML document
- The ability to write your own transformation classes to make the XML transform to output type you want
- Easy migration path to Cocoon